Monday, April 7, 2008

My soap box has been in the shop

4.14 - despite what the date above says..

My friend Colin says that the majority of people who blog spend the vast amount of their literary energy complaining, while my friend Neil thinks everyone who blogs is drastically self absorbed to believe anyone cares what they have to say. I agree with both. I have always been a fan of the status quot, it's how I greased through all levels of school, so why break the cycle now.

My rant today will exceed previous levels of self righteousness and be seasoned with incalculable amounts of vanity.

Can someone explain how and when Christians became:


A.) Incapable of creating our own culture.

Are we as followers of an inconceivably innovative Messiah so hard pressed and desperate to cling to the strands of the pop culture garment, that to prove ourselves relevant to the current ethos that we just carbon copy the most recent trend add "God"or "Jesus" to it and label it "Christian"? I know all of the arguments for providing a safe and positive alternative for kids and teenagers, I do this for a living; but I have to be honest, I'm pretty sure God wouldn't and doesn't want his name associated with some of this garbage.

We need to praise God for companies like Walden Media who partner up to make high end movies to save us from Omega Code 19.


B.) Equally incapable of thinking as individuals.


I'm walking our students through the book of Luke. In chapter 12, the masses following Jesus have surpassed 10,000 people, and Jesus does something that I think had become obsolete in a world of TV preachers
and Prosperity Gospel catastrophe. He takes time to instruct the twelve on how to live amongst reprehensible routine of religion. Before I make myself nauseous with an overload of self righteousness, I'll exit on this; seek out world perspective beyond heinous fact less e-mail forwards, double standard news channels and nebulous tradition.


Out

No comments: